Originally posted to: http://reid.serozi.com/
Raleigh's Open Data Portal Data.RaleighNC.gov, which allows access to city data sets in open and standard ways for non-technical and tech savvy users is undergoing a major site redesign.
The new design will require individual data set clean-up, which will require updating all of the 300 data sets to make sure the metadata is updated.
Jason Hare, City of Raleigh’s Open Data Program Manager, reached out to the Code for Raleigh Brigade for assistance to help complete the job. Hare said, “Involving citizens in crowd sourcing civic engagement initiatives like Open Raleigh is at the heart of what the program is about.”
Join the Code for Raleigh Brigade as we support the City of Raleigh organize hundreds of data sets. Be involved in the City’s Open Raleigh Portal and make an impact in your city. No coding skills required. Just mad civic-minded organization skills needed.
- When: Thursday, December 5th starting at 6pm
- Where: North Carolina Innovation Center at 217 West Jones St. Raleigh, NC 27603
- RSVP: Meet-up http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Code-for-America/
- What to bring: Laptop, small extension cord, notebook, markers
- Join the conversation: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/102062378630945793665